Saturday, February 20, 2021

Papercutting Class

 I'm taking a papercutting Zoom class this weekend. There is a wide range of skills of papercutting in there. Many people are artists in other media and are new to this. So, I am a little ahead of the game here since I have been papercutting for many years. I am learning some good, new tips along the way though. 

The assignment we did today was to take an image we found (or had) and turn it into negative and positive shapes. Since I used a photo out of the newspaper, I won't put it on a nice background and give it the appearance of being a finished work of art that I composed all on my own.  But, here's what I did today.

The paper I cut into was a heavy sheet of paper from the back of a magazine. I used it because it was dark on the majority of the paper. The original photographic image was one from the front page of our newspaper this week.



No comments: