Thursday, February 11, 2021

First Pysanky Egg of the Season


Egg decorating season is upon us. I have had my new dyes and my workspace ready for weeks. I have been working on art lesson plans and felt like I needed to push through finishing that before getting my egg decorating time in.

I bought jumbo eggs from the grocery store, in the hope that they would have harder shells than the smaller ones. I am not sure about that theory now. Boring holes in them to blow out the egg matter, several got nasty, rough-edged holes, almost as big as a dime. Some blew open when I was emptying them. Some came out perfectly. So, I need to search for a better egg than just by size.


This is my first egg of the new pysanky season. 



It is just a doodle; unplanned and spontaneous. 


My next one is going to be a much harder design from Jane Pollak's book, Decorating Eggs - Exquisite Designs with Wax and Dye.

I also treated myself to a new pysanky book today. It's one from Lorrie Popow.  ((Squeeeeeeeeeeee!!) It will arrive in a couple of days.



No comments: