Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Motocrash



It's taken me a few days to figure out how to do this one. My sister asked me to cut a motocross scene for one of her friends. She wanted something whimsical. I don't know anything about motocross except that you see the riders on tv either flying or crashing. So, figuring out the scenario for this one was not natural for me.

It's interesting seeing your work photographed. Through another medium I can see some errors I couldn't see in the original. I need to go back and clean up a few things.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so neat! I love papercutting!

Sara Bowen said...

Hi Snippety! Thanks for your link to the South African exhibition - very interesting, and I see what you mean about the printed papers on the floor. I like your motocross snipping: I used to have a motorbike and was always told bikers fall into two groups: those who have crashed, and those who are going to crash! Sara

Maija said...

I am continuously amazed at what you do with a pair of scissors!

meggiecat said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Now I can be a fan of yours! Your work caused me to say Ahhhhh out loud. My favorite so far is the Dragon Dancers because the movement in it is so active.