Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Spring

This has been a strange spring. We had a death in the family a month ago but couldn’t have much of a funeral for her because of social distancing. The COVID-19 virus has had us stuck at home for most of the last few weeks. We go out for groceries… To ride our bikes… And to take the occasional walk. Besides that, we’re not supposed to head out anywhere.
 

I am fortunate enough to live across the street from some woods so occasionally I go over there to check and see if there’s any fallen, but still green, wood.  That’s what I use for spoon  carving. 




I found a downed maple yesterday that still had leaves on it. Unfortunately, today I was cranking down too hard on it while it was in my shave horse and it cracked in two. From the other half of the limb,  I carved a smaller soon. I’ll finish that up tomorrow.


No comments: