Saturday, October 22, 2011

I Heart Hotwire!!!!!!!

I'm so excited, I can hardly contain myself.  In a couple of weeks I am going to my state art ed. convention.  When I go to these things, I like to find a good deal on a hotel.  I want to feel comfortable, safe, and slightly pampered.  I want to stay someplace that feels upscale, but I don't want to pay for the privilege.  So, I usually bid on my rooms by using Priceline and Hotwire.  Almost all the time I get really nice rooms at really good prices.

The last two weeks, I have been bidding nightly but not having my prices accepted.  This morning I resigned myself to the fact that getting a hotel this time is going to cost an arm and a leg. When I went into Hotwire just now, I decided to check out their feature for "Hotwire Hot Rates."  With that feature, they tell you the star rating of hotels; the special deal rate; and the general location of the hotel.  The name of the hotel is not given.  Under three star hotels, it gave a rate of $62 a night and said that it had been recommended by 100% of people using Hotwire.  That's unheard of.

I went ahead and took the plunge and bought it.  The hotel turned out to be the #1 rated hotel (according to TripAdvisor) out of 41 in town.  The hotel site lists its rooms at $129 to $159 a night and here I got it for $62.

This girl is a frugal one and this deal absolutely made my day!

4 comments:

sallgood said...

Getting a good deal makes everything sweeter! Have a great time, and I'm looking forward to hearing about all you learn.

Julie said...

Great work, Jan! I love when these things happen! Hey...you know I just posted a really amazing thing on my blog...and a can only imagine how you could not only do it, but cut it up to be ultra fancy too...come see it. It is probably old news to most, but I just discovered it last night and am delighted!!!
xoxo- Julie

Unknown said...

Love, Love, Love a good deal!! Looking forward to you sharing all the cool things you learn at the convention too:)

artteacher said...

We had Art Camp for our state conference this year. Talk about cheap! Have fun!