Monday, May 10, 2010

It's Spring.............Right?


So, my classroom is unairconditioned at this point, therefore, I wear summer clothing at work. At home, it feels cold, so I put on my down coat. It's quite a look, I tell you. The temps here are supposed to go down to 39 tonight. Are you kidding????????

I appreciate all the well wishes the last few weeks. You have no idea how touched I was by them. I'd say that I feel 95% back up to speed. There are a few things I can't do yet like heavy lifting, bike riding, and crunches, but that doesn't effect too much of my daily life.

I've lost 26 pounds in the last 4 weeks. Bizarre.

7 comments:

sallgood said...

Congratulations!!! How motivating that must be to have lost so much so fast!! (And I think your parka-portrait is great too...)

Julia said...

Wow! It sounds as if your surgery was a great success. I can see me wearing a down coat right now. It's gotten cold again.

Julie said...

OMG! Only in my dreams would it get thiat cold here!!! It is so hot and humid already here in south Fl. Yuck. I find myself wanting to stay inside more and more...not moving...sitting too much...you know (blogging, etc.) sadly!!! I need to get out and walk miles each day...I will...starting now!!!

Pink Feather Paradise said...

I am not sure what temp that is in our measurements... we were down to 3 degrees last night and we are expecting a few more frosts this week... I thought it was suppose to be spring but obviously the weather doesn't agree... perhaps it that darn icelandic volcano causing a temp change!?

well done you on the weight loss... way to go!

x Alex

Maija said...

Yippee, Jan!!! Keep up the good work !!!

Blink said...

Finally catching up on my reader list... well done my friend, personally and professionally. I'm happy for you and glad your health is in check. Selfishly... want you around our school a long time:)
love the latest snips!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the weight loss!

Here's a link to a paper artist that you might like:
Lorraine Nam: http://www.lorrainenam.com/cut-paper/joy-luck/