Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Dirty Dog Camping Trip


Fall break has finally come!!!!!  This is one of the reasons I don't complain TOO much about going back to school in July.  We get awesome breaks every season of the year.

This past weekend M and I went camping with old friends from back home.  Our camping spot was in the National Forest near Charlottesville at a place called Crabtree Falls.  Weatherwise it was pretty decent.  We got a tiny bit of rain, but that probably kept some people away....which is a good thing.

I ate way too much junk food, which we don't keep at home, and then was too full to eat the extraordinary food my friend cooked on the campfire. Doofy, I know.

This is one of my friend's six pooches and he was one of three that joined us this weekend.   Sebastian is 14 years old.  My friend says that he is blind, deaf, and somewhat senile.  At home he spends most of his days sleeping.  At camp, however, this fellow wandered all over the place.  He probably wandered as much as he slept.  Occasionally he bumped into something, but he got around pretty well.  We often caught site of him just rolling around like crazy on his back.  Furry critter that he is, when he got back up he would be covered in leaves and dirt.  He looked like a dirty dog Christmas tree.

I had a great time visiting with friends.  Often I felt like rolling around for joy in the dirt as well.

4 comments:

Ambiance in the Attic said...

You are most fortunate to go camping like this with good friends! Looks like you had a blast! What a beautiful park too.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Your camping trip looked fun. Nice to have some time off from school and enjoy it with friends!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I have a blog at www.picturecamping.com where I feature people's posts about camping, and I would like to send my readers your way. Of course I would give you credit for quotes and would link back to your site.

Thanks for considering this,

Jean B. in SC

PS: Please check out our raffle to support KOA Care Camps for children with cancer @ http://bit.ly/23N0Tb. Thank you!!

La Donna Welter said...

Life is good! : )