Thursday, March 12, 2009

Snippety Kids

I got a generous grant from BestBuy last year to buy video cameras. After buying the cameras, my brain got stuck; I wasn't sure how to proceed with my idea after that. I wrote the grant for having students create shadow puppet plays.

Finally, I decided I'd better just jump in and do it. I chose a class with whom I worked closely while doing National Boards. They're patient with me and will try most anything I throw at them. So today, within one 80 minute class, they decided on the play they wanted to put on, created the puppets, and put on the play. Crazy. Here are a couple of the shows.

Monkeys Jumping on the Bed


Alien Hokey Pokey

When they were done they begged me to let them do another one! I may just do that. I'll encourage them to be louder and more vibrant next time. I think they did well anyway, considering all that I put on them.

5 comments:

Snippety Gibbet said...

Oops. I deleted 2 comments when I reedited a video. Sigh...........

Pink Feather Paradise said...

Well done you.... I have not played with shadow puppetry, its suprising how children get a bit quiet in front of a camera...

well done class!

x Alex

Little Ol' Liz said...

Jan -
Have you seen this YouTube video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpunQZ4cUyI

It's titled "Art". Gosh, I hope this address works! The person who loaded it is andyradorfman
:)

Chan Bliss said...

Oh, I like that flying saucer at the end. Quit a twist in the story line that I didn't see coming.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - you are INCREDIBLE!! This is so terrific. And I love the body parts angle to the second video!