Monday, January 12, 2009

Etsy

After an aunt of mine passed away over a year ago, I decided that I wanted to buy myself a ring that would remind me of her. Looking around in the usual places, I didn't find anything that excited me. Eventually, it occurred to me that I hadn't checked Etsy.


Almost immediately I found an artist whose work I love. ArtWearByCaron

The ring arrived today and I am just as excited to have it on my finger as when I fell in love with it online.

I know that many of my readers already know about Etsy. Many of my blogger friends have their own Etsy stores. For those who are unfamiliar with Etsy, let me just tell you, it is a wondrous place. Etsy is a website that is chock full of handmade goodness. Artists and craftspeople of all sorts sell at this spot and so many of the purchases are affordable. If you like going to art sales or quality craft shows, you need to take a look around Etsy.

Here are the Etsy stores that my friends have....that I know about. (If I overlooked your's let me know and I will add it to the list.)


Mackville Road's shop: Lulu and Bea
Sweet little clothes for little girls.

Maya*made's shop: Designs Maya Made
One of a kind wearables and wares for your family and home.

LaDonna Papercutting's shop: LaDonna's Papercuts
Papercuttings.

Maigirlz Madness' shop:
Hand crafted items with a vintage flair.

Ilka's Attic's shop: Ilka's Attic
Artful finds for the artful life.

Purple Petunia's shop: Purple Petunia
Pottery

Scherenschnitte's shop: CindyMindyPindy
Papercuttings.

Sketch's shop on Australia's equivalent of Etsy: Sketch
Original designs turned into handmade items.

Rob Ryan's shop: Misterrob
Rob doesn't know me from Adam, but I love his whimsical papercuts.

DickAndDora's shop: Dick and Dora
Original bracelets, pins and necklaces.

Elsa Mora's shop: Elsita
Original papercuttings.

Take a look around Etsy for the most beautiful things made by hand...and with great care.

Addendum: Post-Christmas is probably the least stocked time for these shops. My apologies.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Jan and thanks for the website too.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

What a lovely ring ~ it looks so nice on your hand!

Anonymous said...

I love that you bought yourself a ring to remember your Aunt!
How was re-entry now that your winter break is over? It's taking me a good week or more to get back into the routine myself!

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought about opening an etsy store? your items are so marvelous...

Snippety Gibbet said...

I actually did contemplate opening an Etsy shop. I just never got around to the next step. Maybe someday. Thanks for asking. = ) jan

Maija said...

Thank you so much for giving me an etsy shout out, Jan!!
ox