Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day

Well, the scherenschnitte is hung by the chimney with care. The turkey's in the oven and most of the food is prepared. Two rooms of the house have been rearranged. (Where did all that energy come from?) Every room is spic 'n span.

The food: turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, crab dip, cheese, crackers, green beans with bacon, "green stuff," (which is what my siblings and I call some variation of Watergate Salad"), sweet potato casserole, creamed corn (which the lady at Trader Joe's said is AMaZinG...I'm taking her at her word), rolls, too many desserts, and all the other stuff that I have prepared but will not remember to set on the table.

The guests: M's family.

24 hours from now I will be heading to the airport. L.A. is the destination. My daughter and granddaughter are the reason. I can hardly contain myself with excitement. I wish I could pack up my house and all the family and go there now.

Anyway, I hope that your holiday is a happy one. Blessings to you and your's.

jan

No comments: