Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Laptop Amore

"My" laptop, the one my school system generously provides me, is on the fritz. And I miss it. I'm homesick for it. I long for its return.

I miss its embarrassingly dusty screen.....its "N" key whose paint has long since worn off ....and the desktop grossly overloaded with icons. I miss the easy access to all the important information stored within, including the stored passwords to bajillions of sites that I log onto. I miss the screensaver with all the photos of my family and our vacations. Its broken in just the way I like it, like an old, yet high tech, shoe.

When it comes back home to me, I think I will crochet it a little computer cozy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love this post! lol at the computer cozy, so sweet! :)

La Donna Welter said...

Love this.....so sweet! : )

Also,wanted to let you know, you have been awarded a new blogger award "Wylde Women Award" created by Tammy Vitale. You can read about here: http://ladonnawelter.blogspot.com

Hugs,
La Donna

Anonymous said...

Came over from La Donna's site because of her award to you and stayed to browse through - am awed by your silk screens - they sure do look good to me, and enjoyed the fish trading card - how fun. I can see why she gave you the award!

daysease said...

You have received another award (okay, same one as one from LaDonna. could not NOT send you one) ;-) check my blog!

Mozi Esme said...

Aww! Nothing like computer love! I'd be sad without mine!