Friday, February 29, 2008

Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down?

A friend at school told me today that she rather enjoys debate. She can speak passionately with people whose opinions are diometrically opposed to her own. I sure wish that was me. I hate even knowing that people are of a different political party than I. I have bad thoughts about them. That is awful!!!! I know it!!!

I've even gotten to the point that I can barely read articles that agree with my view, but are controversial. One in particular is the "pay for performance" debate. That makes me insanely angry. I started reading something about it in the NEA magazine the other day, and had to stop reading. They have the same position as I, but I get irritated just thinking about it. I tried writing a post on it sometime this week and just gave up midway. My writing was more of a rant than reasoned thought.

My idea of a happy debate is this. Pay for performance. Thumbs up or thumbs down?
See me waving an emphatic southern facing thumb???

No comments: