Friday, January 19, 2024

Etsy or No Etsy - Cat and Mouse Valentine Scherenschnitte

 

Valentine’s Day Card

This week I got all inspired to reopen an Etsy shop. I made a valentine design; cut it out; sewed it; and photographed it. When I went to upload it to my long ignored Etsy shop, it no longer existed. Whaaaaa. No trace of it anywhere.

So I got all inspired to open a new shop. In jumping through all the hoops at Etsy to open a new store, I got to the part where you have to enter your social security number and then banking information. Oh, boy. I just couldn’t do it. Possibly, there would be no issue with it ever, but I am just hardwired to be skeptical. Trusting the security of websites with my most precious secret information? Ooooooooooooh. I dunno. Scariness!!!

I’m contemplating other ways to sell my work. I’m not trying to get rich. I just want to cut my designs and not have them filling up my house.

Anyway, here’s my latest cuts! I cut these out of 90 pound watercolor paper. They are 4” x 6”. As they turn, you can see cats chasing mice. 




No comments: