Monday, November 25, 2019

Christmas Scherenschnitte 2019 - Planning

I've been contemplating whether or not to do my annual 3D paper snip for Christmas.  Those are what I send out as Christmas cards.

They are a boost to my self esteem, for sure.  People post their collections of my snip ornaments/Christmas cards on Facebook.  Some folks leave their Christmas snips hanging up all year, which is fun to see when I come to visit.  Fewer and fewer people send cards back anymore though.  I really enjoy receiving them so I am disappointed to not get cards in return.

Last year, I was in the throes of a sculpture class during this season.  I spent WAY, way too much time working on my projects for that, so the cards had to be set aside.  This year, however, I could easily do them.

Some 3D snips take an hour and a half to complete and that's not even taking into account the amount of time it takes me to settle on a design.  So, these things are really labors of love.


Here are the contenders for this season, albeit in a really unfinished form.  You can see one that I gave up on pretty quickly. The designs are not complete, and only one is 3d.

Some, I had to retreive from the trash can just now.  Most of my samples, I hate right after doing them.  When I went to bed last night, I had decided to not take on this project this year. This morning I changed my mind. I am ready to snip!


No comments: