Monday, January 25, 2016

There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly...

"There was an old lady who swallowed a fly.
I don't know why she swallowed a fly.
Perhaps she'll die."

If you don't know this little ditty, check out this version by Simms Tayback.  It's a fun song though it does sound a bit morbid from that little phrase, doesn't it?
 

In my mind's eye I pictured a paper cut version of the old lady and wanted to cut it out.  I must say that this illustration looks absolutely nothing like what I see in my mind's eye.  Maybe I'll try again tomorrow. It is absolutely nuts how far away this is from what I indended.



I must say that I did thoroughly enjoy snipping it though.

P.S.  I was not the model for this one.


scherenschnitte
5" x 7"

1 comment:

sallgood said...

She may not look like what you had in mind, but I love her! :D