Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Little Carved Spoonies

My last little spoon was so small, it became a measuring spoon for 1/2 teaspoon.  Now, you can't just have one little 1/2 teaspoon, so I made a teaspoon and a tablespoon.

They turned out just fine in the end, but there were some catastrophes in the beginning.

I was horrified when the bowl of the first one cracked, but was doubly so when the second one did the same.  When I drew the shape on the wood, I drew the two at angles slightly diagonal to the grain so I could fit both on one piece of wood.  I suspect that is what increased the probability of a crack.

I decided to give them the good old college try to fix them before I gave up on them.  The store for woodcrafters had some heavy duty wood glue that seemed to do the trick.

So, these are mine.  No gifting them since they have been repaired.  I do like them regardless.  In a way, it is nice to know that they are not going anywhere.

1 comment:

sallgood said...

I love these! And I'm glad you were able to fix them…and that you get to keep them too. :D