Friday, February 21, 2014

Pysanky Brain

I have been doing a lot of the Pysanky lately. I've gotten to the point where I wake up at night and start thinking about it. So that means I lay in bed for a while thinking about it, then I get up and start working on it because I know I'm not going to sleep anymore anyway.

My philosophy this year has been practice, practice, practice. I made tons of mistakes in the beginning and everything looked pretty bad. Now I'm starting to see the payoff for the practice. It is still pretty rough but I'm seeing hopeful improvement. Here are some shots of not yet finished eggs. I have to get around to taking nice photographs of the finished ones.

2 comments:

Mrs. C said...

These are gorgeous! My mother has a few a friend brought her back from a trip to Poland many years ago. So pretty! :)

Snippety Gibbet said...

Thank you! I'm practicing a lot these days.