Sunday, February 6, 2011

Earrings as Teaching Resources

My coworker heard two students discussing my earrings the other day.  "Ms. Johnson wears cool earrings."  I got a kick out of that.  They were probably referring to the ones of Mona Lisa, The Scream, Warhol's Campbell Soup Can, or similar ones in my earring collection.

It occurred to me today that it might be fun to have some related to architecture, since I am in the middle of teaching that topic right now.  Then I thought about the wee houses I used to make.  So, I went through the recycle bin at home and pulled out a bunch of cardboard.  The Folger's coffee box looked interesting so I played with that.  This is a little bigger than I would like to wear as an earring, but that is the starting point from which I'll  be departing.


6 comments:

Phyl said...

Cool. I'm a crazy jewelry freak and I'd love to see some of the earrings you mentioned. I bet you're like Miss Frizzle (the Magic Schoolbus). Can you post some pictures?

Julie said...

I agree with Phyl...could you post all your earrings??? Hehehe. These houses are going to be amazing earrings!!! I love them so much already...I simply MUST learn how to do thses kinds of magical things you do, Jan!!!

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Love the sunburst on your little house. You could have the kids do a writing exercise on who they think lives in your earrings!

Earrings for girls said...

I like this website I feel that this site could be very useful .

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

I love the house earrings! I'd also like to see pictures of some of your others.

jackie said...

You remind me of Ms. Frizzle from the Magic School Bus series. She always wears outfits that coordinates with her lessons. Oh how funny I just saw where Phyl thought the same thing.
I also remember that was how I first "met" you from one of your earliest posts on one of your tiny houses, which I'm still smitten with - your tiny houses!
p.s. how bizzare is this - my word verification to post a comment was houseos...