Monday, January 10, 2011

Scherenschnitte

Looky!  Scherenschnitte on my scherenschnitte blog!

My brother suggested that a good Christmas present for my niece might be a bookmark with fairies on it.  Unfortunately, at the time I was too busy snipping Christmas cards to make one.  Her birthday is coming up in a week so ....ta da!  


Here's what it looked like before it was pressed into the bookmark sleeve.  I like it with the depth and shadows.
Here it is flattened out in the bookmark sleeve.  Hope she likes it.  






6 comments:

sallgood said...

If she doesn't my daughter's name is Katie, and I know SHE would love it! :D

Julie said...

This is so beautiful...I KNOW she will love it! I am sitting here looking at my thistle one made by you, hanging in my kitchen. I am sitting at the computer on the other side of the pass-through window to the kitchen!!! It makes me happy to see yours there...just love your work!!!

Unknown said...

How could she not like it? Its wonderful!!! What a lucky girl:))

Julia said...

Of course she'll love it!

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

It's beautiful! I'm sure she will treasure it.

Unknown said...

Hiya Jan! Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving your comment. My sister thinks I'm a little OCD when it comes to my living space :)

Oh yeah...I painted my first painting as a gift at Christmas and it turned out! Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture. Silly me.