Friday, August 7, 2009

One Week Down...8 1/2 to Go

Honestly, I'm not counting down the weeks until Fall break. My curiosity got the better of me and I just checked.

We just completed our first week of school. I have no idea why it is so taxing, but every day when I got home from a day of teaching, I just wanted to take a nap. It feels exhausting getting back in the groove.

I did have some time to get some snips done.

Not necessarily mounted though.

My intention when I started this snip was to make something small and simple for an Etsy shop. However, I cannot do much simply. This was more detailed than I had intended. Oh well.

When I told M that I wanted to sell my bike snips on Etsy, he was not happy. He declared that he wanted all of those for his bike room. So, in order to ever sell some, I'll have to make prints. Tonight I pulled out all the silkscreening stuff I experimented with last summer.



I'm still practicing snipping silhouettes as well.

Did I mention that my brain is getting jazzed up trying to think up new things for teaching too? I really enjoy being busy. I just hope it doesn't make me a jack of all trades and a master of none.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah I feel your pain and our kids aren't back until Thursday, but Inservice started today. Love the snips and fascinated by this new process.

Tara said...

I found myself counting the days already too! Hmmmm....
Love all your snips. So talented.
Have a great weekend.

Carole M. said...

I love your papercuts!! Especially your open nature inspired insects and botanicals. I LOVE your dragonfly video; oh my, are you creating a book by chance where we can buy your patterns??

Diana said...

I agree with Carole M. Jan you must do a book. Your insect snips made into prints look fab. I love all your stories behind the snips too, which of course would make a good read.

jackie said...

Congrats on getting the shop open!

Kathy said...

It does take a lot of energy to get school started at the beginning of a year. I know exactly what you mean by being exhausted for the first week or so. Our kids will be starting on Monday Aug 31st. So we have been at inservice this Monday - Thursday.

I am really impressed by your pineapple cutting. That looks so Polish!