Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Too Much to Do in Too Little Time

My intent this morning was to do a couple of quick snips in a traditional style. This snip took around 2 1/2 hours. Not so quick, but I enjoyed doing it.



scherenschnitte 5" x 7"

I have a week and a half left of my summer break, for a whopping total of 5 weeks of summer break. Back in the day, when I taught at schools with a regular school calendar, I had summers that were around 9 weeks long. That long stretch of time was when I could really dig into exploring my art. With a shortened summer break, I just don't seem to have enough time for getting much done. Long summers also gave me plenty of time for thinking about what I wanted to teach during the next school year. At this point in my summer, the upcoming school year is far from my thoughts. I still have so much snipping to get done.

5 comments:

MLBetterly said...

5 weeks!!! My goodness! That's barely even enough time to realize you're on break! My kids are still on the 9 week summer schedule. They have been angels but I'm looking forward to the fall when I have quiet to make videos again!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh how sad! What kind of schedule is your school year?

soulbrush said...

we also get 5 weeks here in the uk, i teach nursery kids 3 days a week, so glad to meet another teavher nut! (came over from julie's blog- she told us about you). LOVE your snippets, so precise, so beeeoootifool. do you swap/trade ATCs -would LOVE to swap with you....

daysease said...

Woh!! sorry for your shorter break, but seems to me that you are accomplishing some fun stuff over there. :-) nicely done.

Anonymous said...

Wow! This paper cutting is so detailed and beautiful! We get 8 weeks off for the summer here in Northern Ireland. But I'm expecting a baby and my maternity leave begins in September. So I'm off for 11 months! Can you believe it?! Perfect timing. :)