Sunday, February 1, 2009

Weekend


This weekend felt like it went on forever. It was nice to have time to do what I wanted, but I really didn't feel like doing anything. I played around with papercutting and did some lesson planning. Not much else. My favorite thing that I did this weekend was to take a nap in the sunshine on the guest room bed. On the weekends, when I see the warm sun on that white quilt, I am just drawn to lay down on it. I always remind myself of a big cat laying in the sun.

I did a short ride on the bike today. 6.5 miles on the new paved trail near the house. It was weird because riding through the woods, we'd hit hot pockets of air and immediately ride through cold pockets of air. Weird.

This was the shadow on the wall by my desk this afternoon. It just struck me as interesting.

7 comments:

Tara said...

Wasn't the sunshine wonderful this weekend? I needed that bit of vitamin D. Thanks for stoppin by my blog. Wasn't that the cutest scarf? I was going to try and make it, but ended up making something else. I may post my results of my new creation this week. I love the dragonfly. How do you do that? That is so cool.

Unknown said...

I had a nap in the sun on our guestroom bed this afternoon too! Sounds like a nice w/end.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, a nap in a warn sunbeam ~ the best!

The dragonfly is awesome. A very delicate looking one at that. I clicked on the image to look closely because your cuts are so clean. Very nice!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

how about a "warm" sunbeam. Can you tell I'm very sleepy? :)

Pink Feather Paradise said...

I remember catnapping in the sun when I was a teen!

My bed never seems to be in the sun now, I love to sleep in the sunlight and I must be a bit wierd as I remember sleeping in the moonlight as it streamed through my bed room window in my younger days!

I feel soooo old!

Sit A Spell said...

Love your critter pictures...

Anonymous said...

The boys are exactly like that as well. If there is a patch of sun shining in you can usually find one of them laying in it! I think your shadow photo is interesting, and I'm guessing that at the bottom the sun is shining through one of your paper cuts.