Sunday, January 18, 2009

Feline Fatale

Scherenschnitte 5"x7"

I have a bad habit of not planning a piece before I start cutting. I wish now that I hadn't made this piece symmetrical. Oh well. If I like it well enough over time, I will snip it again, editing out what I don't like.

At the thrift store I bought a set of eight brand spanking new, 5"x7", Ikea glass frames for $1.69. It was too good of a price to pass by. Now I'm working on cutting a series that size that I will hang down here in "Snippyville." I'm not sure if the whole series will be cats or if that is just a passing idea for a few days.

I would like to work larger, but I feel as though I want to have some frames the correct size before I even begin.

3 comments:

Sara Bowen said...

Frames can be so expensive! I have to say that I have a small stock of frames and prints get made to fit them... which maybe sounds like a huge compromise of my artistic integrity but it makes good economic sense! I'm looking forward to seeing what you put in your frames, Sara x

daysease said...

i love it... looks like they are in some sort of art competition and trying to beat each other out. Fun!!! so fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I admire your approach to just jump in and start cutting and then edit and do another one! Instead i will circle around a project for days, sometimes weeks, pondering it, worrying about messing it up. I'm going to challenge myself to approach things more like you.