Thursday, December 11, 2008

Score!



I............love............eBay. This lot would have cost close to $100 at the craft store. I got it on eBay for less than $25. With all these blades, perhaps I can be less stingy in changing the blades to my X-acto knife.

Oh, which reminds me. This is one of the very interesting uses for corn when crafting:



One of the hard kernels is just the right size to use as a spacer when your retractable X-acto knife no longer retracts. (Is that "thinking outside the box" or just plain being cheap?)

4 comments:

Chan Bliss said...

Back when I worked in advertising there was a layout artist that would use an x-acto knife for weeks on end. On his drafting table was a small sharpening stone. He could get the blade sharper and pointier that original. The only reason he changed blades was when the blade became too small to work with.

Lori @ Camp Creek said...

it’s both! ;^)

Maija said...

How funny! I can appreciate your excitement over your big ebat score!

Kim at Thistle Dew said...

There is NOTHING like a new x-acto blade! I'm stingy with them too, and then when I change them I wonder why I didn't do it sooner!

Kim :-)