Tuesday, November 25, 2008

6 Things for Which I am Thankful

Kim, at the Thistle and Dew blog, tagged me for a "6 Random Things" meme. Since I've done this one a couple of times recently, I'll change it to "6 Random Things I am Thankful for."

1. I am thankful for children who are "old souls."

2. I am thankful that I found affordable airline tickets to Los Angeles at Christmas. I haven't seen my daughter and granddaughter since last year, and I miss them terribly.

3. I am thankful for my toasty warm, new bathrobe.

4. I am thankful that I only spent only one day on leaf collection this year.

5. I am thankful for my continued employment at a job that I love and that provides well for me.

6. I am thankful that I do not have to cook anything for Thanksgiving....even though I sincerely offered to contribute.


Instead of tagging anyone in particular, I will leave it open to you. If you would like to tag yourself for this meme, please consider yourself tagged. What are six random things for which you are thankful?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan,

What a great take on the "6 Random Things!" My daughter and her two tiny boys are in California also... we got to see them in September, and I'm thankful for that. It had been nearly a year since we saw them. Hope you have a good time out there!

To answer your comments... I use chain laid paper for smaller antique-looking cuttings. I found some great paper at Williamsburg. It's called "Best Writing Paper" and is sold as stationery in the historic shops. It has a good weight, takes ink and watercolor well, and looks good with staining. I even cut up the envelopes. Only problem is I can't find out where to get larger sheets of it. I've asked and it's a secret.

I also like Canson's Mi Tientes paper. It comes in large sheets and in small sizes (in packages). It also takes ink and watercolor well. It's a little heavier in weight, so I usually cut it with an X-acto knife. Canson comes in some great colors, and the browns and oranges are good for autumn papercuts.

And we're in Delaware, but head to Williamsburg any time we can!

Kim :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I love that you did things you were thankful for! So glad you will be seeing your peeps at Christmas! And I've been meaning to tell you that maybe we are related as some of my relatives came from the "Eastern" shore on the Virginia side. Even if we are not I'm just going to say we are related, okay?