Sunday, November 30, 2008

4 Days Off - 2 Little Time - 2 Sara(h)/Brit Friends

It's been a quiet few days. We spent Thanksgiving with M's parents and brother. Friday, we rode a local 11 mile loop on the bikes. Yesterday we rode 21 miles to and from our favorite bike shop, which, sadly, is closing. Today it was rainy and dreary. I felt crumby all day. My ear is getting sharp pains every now and again. I did ride out to REI with M and bought some warm fleece things. Tonight I made smoked turkey/bean soup.

I should probably plan what I will be doing with Art Club tomorrow. Mostly I feel like laying on the sofa and surfing the internet....or going to bed.

My Aussie/Brit friend, Sara, at Double Elephant tagged me for a meme called, "Seven things about my Working Processes." So, I'll see what I can come up with.
1. After I get an idea for something I want to create, I don't plan much. Mostly, I go with the flow.

2. I work best in the quiet or with music, alone.

3. I don't think very well while people are talking to me. I prefer to contemplate my thoughts while I work.

4. I am not a perfectionist about many things, but I often am when it comes to work. Unfortunately, I can spend way too much time on things that will not be seen but by a few.

5. When I am ready to work, it's as if I am preparing for battle. My work becomes all encompassing and I don't like interruption.

6. I work best late at night, but rarely get the opportunity to do so.

7. On the other hand, I get careless when I work late at night. Once, at 2 a.m., as I was sitting on sofa, watching TV and carving wood (??????), I stabbed myself in the hand. That was my only trip to the e.r. in my life.

My other ex-patriot Brit friend, Sarah at Brit Girl in the USA, tagged me for this meme.
I have to name six things I value and six I don't.

I value my friends, family, country, opportunities, talents, and blessings.
I do not value prejudice, mean spiritedness, neglect, violence, misogyny, and avarice.

Now this part, I am really bad about. I am supposed to tag six people for each of those memes. So, if you would like to participate, consider yourself tagged.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds as if we have similar modus operandi - quiet, no interruptions, and perfectionistic when it comes to creating. The stab wound sounded horrible - eerrghh.