Thursday, March 23, 2017

Pysanky in the Morning

One of my favorite times of the day is pre-dawn. The house is still and I can work undisturbed for a couple of hours. There is no self imposed guilt that I should be doing something more productive, i.e. clean house. Cleaning house would be too noisy, right?





 This morning I plugged into pysanky YouTube videos as I drained egg matter from decorated and varnished eggs. Right after I listened to a video about how to repair broken eggs, I blew out the sides of this egg. .....sigh. At least now I have some idea of how to repair it.

 Here, I have drained the cracked egg and rinsed the insides. This paper towel is wicking the remaining liquid inside the egg so that I can revarnish it. I may use another product to do this, in the hopes that it will provide a thicker, harder coat. Hopefully this will seal the egg and protect it better. Also I am hoping that the crack will look less noticeable and add more layers of protection.

Here's that YouTube video on egg repair, by the way.

No comments: